flink-user mailing list archives

From Tanguy Racinet <tanraci...@gmail.com>
Subject consume kafka stream with flink
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:07:47 GMT
Hello,

I am currently trying to develop am algorithm mining frequent item sets over a data stream.
I am using kafka to generate the stream, however I cannot manage to link Flink to Kafka.

The code presented here is working but only using Flink version 0.9.1
https://github.com/dataArtisans/kafka-example/blob/master/src/main/java/com/dataartisans/ReadFromKafka.java
It doesn’t work for me when using FLink 10-SNAPSHOT or the latest release.

I tried several other things and was hoping someone could help me understand the differences
between kafkaSource, FlinkKafkaConsummer, FlinkKafkaConsummer081 and FlinkKafkaConsummer082.

Which one is the latest API ? Is there another way to consume Kafka steam with Flink that
is even more up to date ? Or should I use FlinkKafkaConsummer082 and stay with Flink version
9 ?

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Tanguy R.