flink-user mailing list archives

From Radu Tudoran <radu.tudo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: events eviction
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:07:25 GMT
Hi,

Thanks Aljoscha for the details!

The warning about performance and evictors is useful, but I am not sure how it can be put
in practice always. Take for example a GlobalWindow that you would use to aggregate data from
multiple partitions. A GlobalWindow does not come with a trigger - would it have than a default
evictor? Even if it has some, you still need to control the eviction of the events. Secondly,
assuming that you would need to aggregate the data from 2 partitions and evict something only
when you have one item from each partition. You would need a sort of state for this. And then
to ensure resiliency, the state should be recoverable if a crash happens. Could you approach
this without an evictor state?

Dr. Radu Tudoran
Research Engineer - Big Data Expert
IT R&D Division

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
European Research Center
Riesstrasse 25, 80992 München

E-mail: radu.tudoran@huawei.com
Mobile: +49 15209084330
Telephone: +49 891588344173

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf, Germany, www.huawei.com
Registered Office: Düsseldorf, Register Court Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Managing Director: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf, Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Geschäftsführer: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended