flink-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Ge Wu <andrew.ge...@eniro.com>
Subject Re: Very old dependencies and solutions
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 14:04:50 GMT
Thanks Stephan, problem solved.
here is my configuration
<plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.4.3</version>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
                <goal>shade</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
    <configuration>
        <transformers>
            <transformer
                    implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.ManifestResourceTransformer">
                <mainClass>my.main.class</mainClass>
            </transformer>
        </transformers>
        <relocations>
            <relocation>
                <pattern>org.apache.http</pattern>
                <shadedPattern>org.apache.shaded.http</shadedPattern>
            </relocation>
            <relocation>
                <pattern>org.apache.commons</pattern>
                <shadedPattern>org.apache.shaded.commons</shadedPattern>
            </relocation>
        </relocations>
    </configuration>
</plugin>
/Andrew

> On 18 Feb 2016, at 14:02, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> A lot of those dependencies are pulled in by Hadoop (for example the configuration /
HTTP components).

> In 1.0-SNAPSHOT, the HTTP components dependency has been shaded away in Hadoop, so it
should not bother you any more.

> One solution you can always do is to "shade" your dependencies in your fat jar. Shading
relocates the classes (and rewrites your code) so the dependencies do not conflict, but co-exist
in different namespaces.

> Greetings,
> Stephan
>

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Andrew Ge Wu <andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com <mailto:andrew.ge-wu@eniro.com>>
wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> You probably have noticed. I found a lot of old dependencies (http component 3.1/apache
configuration 1.6 etc..) in Flink and leads up errors to stuff like this: