flink-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Rondé <dominique.ro...@codecentric.de>
Subject Join two Datasets --> InvalidProgramException
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 10:42:46 GMT
Hi  folks,

i try to join two datasets containing some PoJos. Each PoJo inherit a
field "sessionId" from the parent class. The field is private but has a
public getter.

The join is like this:
DataSet<Tuple2<SourceA,SourceB>> joinedDataSet =
sourceA.join(SourceB).where("sessionId").equalTo("sessionId");

But the result is the following execption:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.flink.api.common.InvalidProgramException: This type
(GenericType<x.y.z.service.eventstore.dto.SourceA>) cannot be used as key.
     at
org.apache.flink.api.java.operators.Keys$ExpressionKeys.<init>(Keys.java:287)
     at
org.apache.flink.api.java.operators.JoinOperator$JoinOperatorSets.where(JoinOperator.java:890)
     at
x.y.z.eventstore.processing.pmc.PmcProcessor.main(PmcProcessor.java:55)

I spend some time with google around but I don't get an idea what is
wrong. I hope some of you can give me a hint...

Greets
Dominique