flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flink Streaming ContinuousTimeTriggers
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 10:05:59 GMT
Hi,
in addition to the video I would also like to point out that the Continuous triggers should
only be used with the GlobalWindows assigner. For TimeWindows the right thing to do would
be using the EventTimeTrigger (or ProcessingTimeTrigger in case you are doing processing time
windows).

Could you maybe go into some detail of what you are trying to achieve? Then we can figure
out what a good strategy would be.

Cheers,
Aljoscha
> On 25 Feb 2016, at 04:27, Gavin Lin <avidoggy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> how about this video ?
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7hiwcwCXGI
>
> Gavin.Lin

> Hey,
>
> Can you guide me to some example of ContinuousProcessingTimeTrigger?
> I want to partition input stream into TimeWindow that should fire at continuous time
interval on its on without waiting for a new element to enter the stream.