flink-user mailing list archives

From shikhar <shik...@schmizz.net>
Subject Re: Kafka partition alignment for event time
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 20:51:04 GMT
Stephan explained in that thread that we're picking the min watermark when
doing operations that join streams from multiple sources. If we have m:n
partition-source assignment where m>n, the source is going to end up with
the max watermark. Having m<=n ensures that the lowest watermark is used.

Re: automatic enforcement, perhaps allowing for more than 1 Kafka partition
on a source should require opt-in, e.g. allowOversubscription()