flink-user mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flume source support
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 10:09:29 GMT
Hi Alex,

I'm sorry that you found that class commented. I think so far nobody was
interested in using the Flume source.It was commented out during a
refactoring of the stream sources:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/659#discussion-diff-29854032.
I just looked a bit through the (commented) code, and it seems that the
FlumeSource is at most an example for building a custom source.

Implementing a custom source is quite simple in Flink. Maybe you can get
the job done easily by implementing a Flume source yourself. I also
volunteer to review your code and help you if you need assistance.

Regards,
Robert