flink-user mailing list archives

From Prez Cannady <revp...@opencorrelate.org>
Subject Flink QuickStart: On start up, running into ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OneInputStreamTask
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 18:20:05 GMT
I’m experimenting combining Spring with Flink.  I’ve successfully instrumented for Gradle,
but Maven is emitting ClassNotFoundExceptions for items ostensibly on the class path.

Project is currently configured for:

1. Scala 2.10.4
2. Flink 0.9.1

I execute the following

```
# In one terminal
$ nc -lk -p 9999 --sh-exec "cat /usr/share/dict/words | head -n 10”

# In another terminal
$ mvn clean install spring-boot:run -Drun.arguments=“localhost,9999”

# observe output
```

The specific class not found is org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OneInputStreamTask.
 However, Spring Boot Plugin is configured to repackage a fat jar, and I can see that the
class is present in the included flink-streaming-core jar.  Additionally, LogBack shows that
the flink-streaming-core jar is in my classpath.

I’m hoping I’m just missing something that should be obvious.  While I wish could move
forward with just Gradle, unfortunately I have to support Maven builds.

For reference, the complete project is available here:

https://github.com/OCExercise/wordcount-processing <https://github.com/OCExercise/wordcount-processing>

Additionally

1. pom.xml (https://github.com/OCExercise/wordcount-processing/blob/master/pom.xml <https://github.com/OCExercise/wordcount-processing/blob/master/pom.xml>)
2. build.grade (https://github.com/OCExercise/wordcount-processing/blob/master/build.gradle