flink-user mailing list archives

From Gwenhael Pasquiers <gwenhael.pasqui...@ericsson.com>
Subject Configure log4j with XML files
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 14:34:11 GMT
Hi everybody,

Could it be possible to have a way to configure log4j with xml files ?

I've looked into the code and it looks like the properties files names are hardcoded. However
we have the need to use xml :

-          We log everything into ELK (Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana) using SocketAppender

-          Socket appender is synchronous by default and slow whole app if anything goes wrong
with the ELK

-          We usually add an AsyncAppender on top of the SocketAppender, but this sort of
configuration is only possible using an XML config file...

We've already ran into the issue. Everything was almost paused because the ELK was overloaded
and extremely slow.

B.R.

Gwenhaƫl PASQUIERS