flink-user mailing list archives

From "Madhire, Naveen" <Naveen.Madh...@capitalone.com>
Subject Re: Flink Storm
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 15:56:30 GMT
Hi Max,

Yeah, I did route the ³count² bolt output to a file and I see the output.
I can see the Storm and Flink output matching.

However, I am not able to use the BoltFileSink class in the 1.0-SNAPSHOT
which I built. I think it¹s better to wait for a day for the Maven sync to
happen so that I can directly use 1.0-SNAPSHOT in the dependency.

I have few Storm topologies, which I will try to run on Flink over the
next few days. I will let you know how that goes. Thanks :)

Thanks,
Naveen

On 12/4/15, 5:36 AM, "Maximilian Michels" <mxm@apache.org> wrote:

>Hi Naveen,
>
>Were you using Maven before? The syncing of changes in the master
>always takes a while for Maven. The documentation happened to be
>updated before Maven synchronized. Building and installing manually
>(what you did) solves the problem.
>
>Strangely, when I run your code on my machine with the latest
>1.0-SNAPSHOT I see a lot of output on my console.
>
>Here's the output: https://gist.github.com/mxm/98cd927866b193ce0f89
>
>Could you add bolt which writes the Storm tuples to a file? Is that
>file also empty?
>
>builder.setBolt("file", new BoltFileSink("/tmp/storm", new
>OutputFormatter() {
>   @Override
>   public String format(Tuple tuple) {
>      return tuple.toString();