flink-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using memory logging in Flink
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 19:48:18 GMT
Hi!

That is exactly the right way to do it. Logging has to be at least INFO and
the parameter "taskmanager.debug.memory.startLogThread" set to true.
The log output should be under
"org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.TaskManager".

Do you see other outputs for that class in the log?

Make sure you restarted the TaskManager processes after you changed the
config file.

Greetings,
Stephan

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Filip Łęczycki <filipleczycki@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to enable logging of memory usage on flink 0.10.0 by adding:
>
> taskmanager.debug.memory.startLogThread: true
>
> to config.yaml and setting log4j level to DEBUG however in the logs after running the
job I cannot see any info regarding memory usage.My job lasted 30s so it should catch few
intervals. Should I change something else in the configuration?