flink-user mailing list archives

From Brian Chhun <brian.ch...@getbraintree.com>
Subject Including option for starting job and task managers in the foreground
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 20:40:24 GMT
Hi All,

Is it possible to include a command line flag for starting job and task
managers in the foreground? Currently, `bin/jobmanager.sh` and
`bin/taskmanager.sh` rely on `bin/flink-daemon.sh`, which starts these
things in the background. I'd like to execute these commands inside a
docker container, but it's expected that the process is running in the
foreground. I think it might be useful to have it run in the foreground so
that it can be hooked into some process supervisors. Any suggestions are
appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian