flink-user mailing list archives

From Nirmalya Sengupta <sengupta.nirma...@gmail.com>
Subject Size of a window without explicit trigger/evictor
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 01:47:57 GMT
Hello Fabian <fhueske@gmail.com>

A small question: during the course of our recent conversation on the
behaviour of window,trigger and evictor, you had mentioned that if I - the
application programmer - do not attach a trigger to a window, Flink will
attach one by itself. This trigger ensures that the size of the window
never grows beyond a threshold, thereby ensuring that a burgeoning window
never inflicts a OOM on Flink.

Is this a special Trigger? What's the name of the class? Moreover, how is
that threshold size (of the window) determined? Is it configurable?

TIA.

-- Nirmalya

--
Software Technologist