flink-user mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Accumulators/Metrics
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 17:44:05 GMT
Hello,

I'm interested in exposing metrics from my UDFs. I see FLINK-1501 exposes
task manager metrics via a UI; it would be nice to plug into the same
MetricRegistry to register my own (ie, gauges). I don't see this exposed
via runtime context. This did lead me to discovering the Accumulators API.
This looks more oriented to simple counts, which are summed across
components of a batch job. In my case, I'd like to expose details of my
stream processing vertices so that I can monitor their correctness and
health re: runtime decisions. For instance, referring back to my previous
thread, I would like to expose the number of filters loaded into my custom
RichCoFlatMap so that I can easily monitor this value.

Thanks,
Nick