flink-user mailing list archives

From Nirmalya Sengupta <sengupta.nirma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Interpretation of Trigger and Eviction on a window
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 17:47:37 GMT
Hello Aljoscha <aljoscha@apache.org>,

Many thanks for taking time to explain the behaviour of Evictor. The
essence of my original post - about how the guide explains an Evictor - was
this. I think the guide should make this (counterintuitive) explanation of
the parameter to Evictor clearer. May help others, yet uninitiated in the
world of Flink! :-)

Because you have offered to clarify further, given the following code
snippet:

.trigger(CountTrigger.of(5))
      .evictor(CountEvictor.of(4))
         .maxBy(1)

my understanding (after reading your mail) is that if I am not careful
about the parameters I pass to CountTrigger and CountEvictor, my function
may not work correctly. In this case, when the window is filled with 5
events, Evictor removes the first event and leaves 4. Thus, the function
never sees the 1st event.

Have I understood correctly? Will be happy to hear from you.

-- Nirmalya

--
Software Technologist
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nirmalyasengupta