flink-user mailing list archives

From "LINZ, Arnaud" <AL...@bouyguestelecom.fr>
Subject Join Stream with big ref table
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:48:12 GMT
Hello,

I have to enrich a stream with a big reference table (11,000,000 rows). I cannot use “join”
because I cannot window the stream ; so in the “open()” function of each mapper I read
the content of the table and put it in a HashMap (stored on the heap).

11M rows is quite big but it should take less than 100Mb in RAM, so it’s supposed to be
easy. However, I systematically run into a Java Out Of Memory error, even with huge 64Gb containers
(5 slots / container).

Path, ID

Data Port

Last Heartbeat

All Slots

Free Slots

CPU Cores

Physical Memory

Free Memory

Flink Managed Memory

akka.tcp://flink@172.21.125.28:43653/user/taskmanager
4B4D0A725451E933C39E891AAE80B53B

41982

2015-11-12, 17:46:14

5

5

32

126.0 GB

46.0 GB

31.5 GB

I don’t clearly understand why this happens and how to fix it. Any clue?

L'intégrité de ce message n'étant pas assurée sur internet, la société expéditrice
ne peut être tenue responsable de son contenu ni de ses pièces jointes. Toute utilisation
ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message,
merci de le détruire et d'avertir l'expéditeur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. The company that sent
this message cannot therefore be held liable for its content nor attachments. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
then please delete it and notify the sender.