flink-user mailing list archives

From Ovidiu-Cristian MARCU <ovidiu-cristian.ma...@inria.fr>
Subject Apache Flink on Hadoop YARN using a YARN Session
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:41:46 GMT
Hi,

I am currently interested in experimenting on Flink over Hadoop YARN.
I am documenting from the documentation we have here: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/setup/yarn_setup.html
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/setup/yarn_setup.html>

There is a subsection Start Flink Session which states the following: A session will start
all required Flink services (JobManager and TaskManagers) so that you can submit programs
to the cluster. Note that you can run multiple programs per session.

Can you be more precise regarding the multiple programs per session? If I submit multiple
programs concurently what will happen (can I?)? Maybe they will run in a FIFO fashion or what
should I expect?

The internals section specify that users can execute multiple Flink Yarn sessions in parallel.
This is great, this invites to static partitioning of resources in order to run multiple applications
concurrently. Do you support a fair scheduler similar to what Spark claims it has?

There is FAQ section (https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/faq.html
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/faq.html>) resource that
is missing, can this be updated?

Thank you.