flink-user mailing list archives

From Radu Tudoran <radu.tudo...@huawei.com>
Subject key
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:28:45 GMT
Hi,

I want to apply a "keyBy operator on a stream".
The string is of type MyEvent. This is a simple type that contains 2 longs and and int or
string

However, when applying this I get

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.api.common.InvalidProgramException: This type
(GenericType<Event>) cannot be used as key.

Can you give me a hint about a solution to this?

Thanks

Dr. Radu Tudoran
Research Engineer
IT R&D Division

[cid:image007.jpg@01CD52EB.AD060EE0]
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
European Research Center
Riesstrasse 25, 80992 München

E-mail: radu.tudoran@huawei.com
Mobile: +49 15209084330
Telephone: +49 891588344173

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf, Germany, www.huawei.com<http://www.huawei.com/>
Registered Office: Düsseldorf, Register Court Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Managing Director: Jingwen TAO, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf, Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Geschäftsführer: Jingwen TAO, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended