flink-user mailing list archives

From Stefanos Antaris <antaris.stefa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: store and retrieve Graph object
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2015 17:03:19 GMT
Hi Vasia,

my graph object is the following:

Graph<MyPojoNode, NullValue, Integer> graph = Graph.fromCollection(edgeList.collect(),
env);

The vertex is a POJO not the value. So the problem is how could i store and retrieve the vertex
list?

Thanks,
Stefanos

> On 25 Nov 2015, at 18:16, Vasiliki Kalavri <vasilikikalavri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Stefane,
>
> let me know if I understand the problem correctly. The vertex values are POJOs that you're
somehow inferring from the edge list and this value creation is what takes a lot of time?
Since a graph is just a set of 2 datasets (vertices and edges), you could store the values
to disk and have a custom input format to read them into datasets. Would that work for you?

> -Vasia.
>
> On 25 November 2015 at 15:09, Stefanos Antaris <antaris.stefanos@gmail.com <mailto:antaris.stefanos@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> i am working on a project with Gelly and i need to create a graph with billions of nodes.
Although i have the edge list, the node in the Graph needs to be a POJO object, the construction
of which takes long time in order to finally create the final graph. Is it possible to store
the Graph object as a file and retrieve it whenever i want to run an experiment?