flink-user mailing list archives

From Camelia Elena Ciolac <came...@chalmers.se>
Subject RE: Cluster installation gives java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError for everything
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:01:02 GMT
Good morning,

Thank you Stephan!

I keep on testing and in the meantime I'm wondering if the Java version on the cluster may
be part of the issue:
java version "1.6.0_36"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.13.8) (rhel-1.13.8.1.el6_7-x86_64)
?

The cluster has shared network file system, so no problem in this aspect.
I keep on trying and I've put some echo's for debugging in the Flink start scripts.

Best regards,
Camelia

________________________________
From: Camelia Elena Ciolac
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 2:32 PM
To: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Cluster installation gives java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError for everything

Hello,

I am configuring Flink to run on a cluster with NFS.
I have the Flink 0.9.1 distribution in some path in NFS and I added that path in ~/.bashrc
as FLINK_HOME, and also included the $FLINK_HOME/lib folder to $PATH.
I have the slaves file and the yaml file configured correctly with the nodes involved.

Still, when I run the following command I get the following errors:

$FLINK_HOME/bin/start-cluster.sh

(tried also
cd $FLINK_HOME
./bin/start-cluster.sh)

--> in /log/flink-theuser-jobmanager-thenode.out
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/flink/runtime/jobmanager/JobManager
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class: org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager. Program will
exit.

-->in /log/flink-theuser-taskmanager-theslavenode.out
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/flink/runtime/taskmanager/TaskManager
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.TaskManager
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class: org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.TaskManager. Program will
exit.

And lastly, in my script I have the run of a job which gives:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/flink/client/CliFrontend
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class: org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend. Program will exit.

What could be the cause and which is the solution?

Looking forward to your answer as soon as possible.
Many thanks,
Camelia