flink-user mailing list archives

From flinkuser <gaa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flink Data Stream Union
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:02:20 GMT
Here is the strange behavior.

Below code works in one box but not in the other. I had it working in my
laptop the whole of yesterday, but strangely today it doesnt work in my
desktop.

Can anyone please let me know what the issue is.

		try {
			final StreamExecutionEnvironment env =
StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();
			DataStream<String> msgDataStream1 = env.addSource((new
SocketSource(hostName1, port, '\n', -1))).filter(new
MessageFilter()).setParallelism(1);
			DataStream<String> msgDataStream2 = env.addSource((new
SocketSource(hostName2, port, '\n', -1))).filter(new
MessageFilter()).setParallelism(1);

			env.execute("Stock stream");

		} catch (Exception e) {
			System.err.println("Exception  = > " + e.getMessage());
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
	}

	private static void unionMessageStreams(DataStream<String> msgDataStream1,
DataStream<String> msgDataStream2) {
		try {

			DataStream<String> ds = msgDataStream1.union(msgDataStream2);
			ds.print();
		} catch (Exception e) {
			System.err.println("Exception in union Message Streams () = > " +
e.getMessage());
		}
	}

Thanks