flink-user mailing list archives

From Rico Bergmann <i...@ricobergmann.de>
Subject Re: Performance Issue
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 10:21:49 GMT
I took a first glance.

I ran 2 test setups. One with a limited test data generator, the outputs around 200 events
per second. In this setting the new implementation keeps up with the incoming message rate.

The other setup had an unlimited generation (at highest possible rate). There the same problem
as before can be observed. After 2 minutes runtime the output of my program is more than a
minute behind ... And increasing over time. But I don't know whether this could be a setup
problem. I noticed the os load of my testsystem was around 90%. So it might be more a setup
problem ...

Thanks for your support so far.

Cheers. Rico.

> Am 24.09.2015 um 09:33 schrieb Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org>:
>
> Hi Rico,
> you should be able to get it with these steps:
>
> git clone https://github.com/StephanEwen/incubator-flink.git flink
> cd flink
> git checkout -t origin/windows
>
> This will get you on Stephan's windowing branch. Then you can do a
>
> mvn clean install -DskipTests
>
> to build it.
>
> I will merge his stuff later today, then you should also be able to use it by running
the 0.10-SNAPSHOT version.

> Cheers,
> Aljoscha
>

>> On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 at 09:11 Rico Bergmann <info@ricobergmann.de> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Sounds great. How can I get the source code before it's merged to the master branch?
Unfortunately I only have 2 days left for trying this out ...

here: https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/1175

>>> It should fix the issues and offer vastly improved performance (up to 50x faster).
For now, it supports time windows, but we will support the other cases in the next days.

>>> I'll ping you once it is merged, I'd be curious if it fixes your issue. Sorry
that you ran into this problem...

>>> Greetings,
>>> Stephan

I'm doing:

at a rate around 150 events per sec. (That is roughly the input rate for the program). After
about 10-30 minutes the rate drops down below 5 events per sec. This leads to event delivery
offsets getting bigger and bigger ...

it would be useful to know, why this happens ...