flink-user mailing list archives

From Chiwan Park <chiwanp...@apache.org>
Subject Re: when use broadcast variable and run on bigdata display this error please help
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 13:13:36 GMT
Hi hagersaleh,

You should know why the error occurred with large scale data. Broadcast variables can handle
only data of which size is fit for single machine.

I meant that using an external system such as Redis, HBase, …, etc. The connection with
the external system could be initialized in `open` method of rich functions such as `RichFilterFunction`,
`RichFlatMapFunction`, …, etc..

You can choose another solution which Stephen said. He said that rethink your approach. I
think that rethinking your algorithm would be better than my suggestion.

From your code, I don’t understand why you want to use broadcast variable. You can do same
thing with filter and join operations. Here is my implementation [1].

Regards,
Chiwan Park

[1] https://gist.github.com/chiwanpark/a0b0269c9a9b058d15d3