flink-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gelly ran out of memory
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 10:09:05 GMT
Actually, you ran out of "Flink Managed Memory", not user memory. User
memory shortage manifests itself as Java OutofMemoryError.

At this point, the Delta iterations cannot spill. They additionally suffer
a bit from memory fragmentation.
A possible workaround is to use the option "setSolutionSetUnmanaged(true)"
on the iteration. That will eliminate the fragmentation issue, at least.

Stephan