flink-user mailing list archives

From "LINZ, Arnaud" <AL...@bouyguestelecom.fr>
Subject RE: Best way for simple logging in jobs?
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:37:45 GMT
Hi,
For unknown reasons, the stdout/stderr output of my jobs wasn’t retrieved by Yarn. Same
thing for slf4j logger : outside local cluster mode, I could not see any trace from the nodes.
 I’ve spent a few hours trying to find why, but I gave up.
Since I need “real time” logging & monitoring in the main driver application, I’ve
ended up implementing a simple push/pull socket message queue using JeroMQ (pure-Java 0MQ).
That allows me to easily publish log & metrology information from the worker nodes to
the driver program.
Arnaud

De : ewenstephan@gmail.com [mailto:ewenstephan@gmail.com] De la part de Stephan Ewen
Envoyé : lundi 31 août 2015 11:05
À : user@flink.apache.org
Objet : Re: Best way for simple logging in jobs?

@Arnaud

Are you looking for a separate user log file next to the system log file, or would Robert's
suggestion work?

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org<mailto:rmetzger@apache.org>>
wrote:
Hi,

Creating a slf4j logger like this:

private static final Logger LOG = LoggerFactory.getLogger(PimpedKafkaSink.class);

Works for me. The messages also end up in the regular YARN logs.

Also system out should end up in YARN actually (when retrieving the logs from the log aggregation).

Regards,

Robert

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 3:55 PM, LINZ, Arnaud <ALINZ@bouyguestelecom.fr<mailto:ALINZ@bouyguestelecom.fr>>