flink-user mailing list archives

From "LINZ, Arnaud" <AL...@bouyguestelecom.fr>
Subject Source & job parallelism
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:08:44 GMT
Hi,

I have a streaming source that extends RichParallelSourceFunction, but for some reason I don’t
want parallelism at the source level, so I use :
Env.setSource(mySource).setParrellelism(1).map(mymapper)

I do want parallelism at the mapper level, because it’s a long task, and I would like the
source to dispatch data to several mappers.

It seems that I don’t get parallelism on the mapper, it seems that the setParallelism()
does not apply only to the source.
Is that right? If yes, how can I mix my parallelism levels ?

Best regards,
Arnaud

L'intégrité de ce message n'étant pas assurée sur internet, la société expéditrice
ne peut être tenue responsable de son contenu ni de ses pièces jointes. Toute utilisation
ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message,
merci de le détruire et d'avertir l'expéditeur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. The company that sent
this message cannot therefore be held liable for its content nor attachments. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
then please delete it and notify the sender.