flink-user mailing list archives

From Michael Huelfenhaus <m.huelfenh...@davengo.com>
Subject Udf Performance and Object Creation
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 09:53:40 GMT
Hello

I have a question about the programming of user defined functions, is it still like in old
Stratosphere times the case that object creation should be avoided al all cost? Because in
some of the examples there are now Tuples and other objects created before returning them.

I gonna have an at least 6 step streaming plan and I am going to use Pojos. Is it performance
wise a big improvement to define one big pojo that can be used by all the steps or better
to have smaller ones to send less data but create more objects.

Thanks
Michael