flink-user mailing list archives

From Chiwan Park <chiwanp...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem with union
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:52:00 GMT
Hi Michele,

We’re doing release process for 0.9.1. Ufuk Celebi will start vote for 0.9.1 release soon.

Regards,
Chiwan Park

the snapshot version: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-2229

>> The fix will be included in the upcoming 0.9.1 release. Thank you again for reporting!

>> Kind regards,
>> Max
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Maximilian Michels <mxm@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Michele,
>>
>> Thanks for reporting the problem. It seems like we changed the way we compare generic
types like your GValue type. I'm debugging that now. We can get a fix in for the 0.9.1 release.

>> Cheers,
>> Max
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Michele Bertoni <michele1.bertoni@mail.polimi.it>
wrote:
>> Hi everybody, this discussion started in an other thread about a problem in union,
but you said it was a different error then i am opening a new topic

>> I am doing the union of two dataset and I am getting this error
>>

>> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.api.common.InvalidProgramException: Cannot
union inputs of different types. Input1=scala.Tuple6(_1: Long, _2: String, _3: Long, _4: Long,
_5: Character, _6: ObjectArrayTypeInfo<GenericType<it.polimi.genomics.core.DataTypes.GValue>>),
input2=scala.Tuple6(_1: Long, _2: String, _3: Long, _4: Long, _5: Character, _6: ObjectArrayTypeInfo<GenericType<it.polimi.genomics.core.DataTypes.GValue>>)
>>         at org.apache.flink.api.java.operators.UnionOperator.<init>(UnionOperator.java:46)
>>         at org.apache.flink.api.scala.DataSet.union(DataSet.scala:1101)
>>         at it.polimi.genomics.flink.FlinkImplementation.operator.region.GenometricCover2$.apply(GenometricCover2.scala:125)
>>

>> Input1=
>> scala.Tuple6(_1: Long, _2: String, _3: Long, _4: Long, _5: Character, _6: ObjectArrayTypeInfo<GenericType<it.polimi.genomics.core.DataTypes.GValue>>)
>> input2=
>> scala.Tuple6(_1: Long, _2: String, _3: Long, _4: Long, _5: Character, _6: ObjectArrayTypeInfo<GenericType<it.polimi.genomics.core.DataTypes.GValue>>)
>>

>> as you can see the two datasets have the same type
>> this error only happens with a custom data type (e.g. i am using an array of GValue,
an array of Int or Double works)