flink-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flink Kafka runtime error
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:00:04 GMT
Hi Wendong!

The streaming connectors are not in Flink's "system classpath", because
they depend on many libraries (zookeeper, asm, protocol buffers), and we
want to keep the default dependencies slim. This reduces version conflicts
for people where the user code depends on these libraries.

As a consequence, you need to do one of the two things when using a
connector:

  - The recommended solution is to build a fat jar of you user code and the
connector (with its dependencies). The maven quickstart archetypes take
care of that.

  - The other solution (if you do not want to build a fat jar) is to
manually add the connector code to the Flink lib directory (as you did).

Greetings,
Stephan