flink-user mailing list archives

From Andra Lungu <lungu.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Too few memory segments provided exception
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:35:43 GMT
Hi,

I am afraid this is a known issue:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flink-dev/201503.mbox/%3CCAK5ODX7_-Wxg9pr7CkkkG4CzA+yNCNMvmea5L2i2iZZV=2caig@mail.gmail.com%3E

The behavior back then seems to be exactly what Shivani is experiencing at
the moment. At that point I remember Fabian suggested to test subsets of
the code. The problem is that too many operations are executed: joins,
coGroups etc...
However, we are implementing examples and library methods here, so we
actually need to test the `entire` functionality.

That issue never got fixed; Someone suggested increasing the memory
allocated for tests, but nothing happened as far as I remember :|.
Furthermore, I am not sure that this would be the solution because as more
and more operators get added, Flink will again run out of memory (we don't
know how big this memory fraction should ideally be).

It would be great if we could fix this problem :) Or if we can't, can
someone suggest what we should do with such PRs? We certainly cannot merge
code with failing tests...

Cheers,
Andra