flink-user mailing list archives

From "LINZ, Arnaud" <AL...@bouyguestelecom.fr>
Subject RE: How to cancel a Flink DataSource from the driver code?
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 14:58:41 GMT
Hi Roger,

In fact I am implementing another use case than the one you know about, with more sources
than Kafka: we now also use Flink in the BI team (which I belong to).

The problem with the web interface is that it is not easily scriptable and to my understanding
it does not allow cleaning code to be called upon cancellation. I would have liked to integrate
with the standard BI production environment of my company, which requires to be able to call
start, status & stop scripts.

I think I will implement such a mechanism by periodically testing in my Source for the existence
of a specific “heart beet” HDFS file, and quit the run() method if this file no longer
exists because it has been deleted by a stop script.

Arnaud

De : Robert Metzger [mailto:rmetzger@apache.org]
Envoyé : jeudi 2 juillet 2015 09:48
À : user@flink.apache.org
Objet : Re: How to cancel a Flink DataSource from the driver code?

Hi Arnaud,

when using the PersistentKafkaSource, you can always cancel the job in the web interface and
start it again. We will continue reading from Kafka where you left off.
You can probably also send the cancel request manually to the web interface, to that URL:
http://localhost:8081/jobsInfo?get=cancel&job=68c53a77f11d34695ac1aea4f098af82

But I don't think there is a way to submit a topology in a non-blocking way, so that env.execute()
returns immediately with the JobId.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 9:35 AM, LINZ, Arnaud <ALINZ@bouyguestelecom.fr<mailto:ALINZ@bouyguestelecom.fr>>