flink-user mailing list archives

From <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS directory rename
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 08:08:31 GMT
Do you want to move the folder within a running job? This might cause a lot of problems, because
you cannot (easily) control when a move command would be executed.

Wouldn’t it be a better idea to do that after a job is finished and use the regular HDFS
client?

From: Flavio Pompermaier
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎17‎. ‎July‎, ‎2015 ‎10‎:‎02
To: user@flink.apache.org

Hi to all,

in my Flink job I wanted to move a folder (containing other folders and files) to another
location.

For example, I wanted to move folder A to folder Y, where my HDFS looks like:

myRootDir/X/a/aa/aaa/someFile1

myRootDir/X/b/bb/bbb/someFile2

myRootDir/Y

I tried to use rename but it silently fails (rename just returns false) if the parent directory
doesn't exists.

Is there an easy way to do that with the Flink FS apis?

If the rename() is intended to work that way, couldn't be useful a move() API..?

Best,

Flavio