flink-user mailing list archives

From Michele Bertoni <michele1.bert...@mail.polimi.it>
Subject Re: Execution graph
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 14:48:54 GMT
Hi everybody and thanks for the answer

So if I understood you said that
apart from some operation, most of them are executed at the default parallelism value (that
is what I expected)
but the viewer will always show 1 if something different is not set via setParallelism

is it right?

I don’t have particular need, the higher is the parallelism the better
I am able to bin my data in more groups than the number of workers in the cluster, is it better
to explicitly write the degree of parallelism or can I leave it blank (so = to default)?

thanks
Michele

Il giorno 30/giu/2015, alle ore 10:41, Fabian Hueske <fhueske@gmail.com<mailto:fhueske@gmail.com>>