flink-user mailing list archives

From Chiwan Park <chiwanp...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: Flink 0.9 built with Scala 2.11
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2015 16:25:02 GMT
Hi. I think that we don’t need deploy all modules with scala variation. The pure java-based
modules such as flink-java, flink-core, flink-optimizers, …, etc. don’t need to be deployed
with scala version variation. We need only scala related modules such as flink-ml, flink-runtime,
flink-scala, …, etc. with version variation.

So we can reduce a number of deployed modules.

Regards,
Chiwan Park

> On Jun 13, 2015, at 9:17 AM, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I agree that we should ship a 2.11 build of Flink if downstream projects need that.
>
> The only thing that we should keep in mind when doing this is that the number of jars
we're pushing to maven will explode (but that is fine)
> We have currently 46 maven modules and we would create 4 versions of each of the modules
(hd1,hd2 x scala210,scala211) so we end up with 184 jars per release ;)

> The other big question that I have regarding this is how we want to name the modules.
> We could add the scala version to all the modules, like "flink-java_2.10", which would
mean that users have to change a bit more when upgrading to the release supporting different
scala versions.

> If we all agree on that, we can move on changing our maven setup.
>

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Kostas Tzoumas <ktzoumas@apache.org> wrote:
> Please do ping this list if you encounter any problems with Flink during your project
(you have done so already :-), but also if you find that the Flink API needs additions to
map Pig well to Flink

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Philipp Goetze <philipp.goetze@tu-ilmenau.de>
wrote:
> Done. Can be found here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-2200
>
> Best Regards,
> Philipp
>

> On 10.06.2015 15:29, Chiwan Park wrote:
> But I think uploading Flink API with scala 2.11 to maven repository is nice idea.
> Could you create a JIRA issue?
>
> Regards,
> Chiwan Park
>
> On Jun 10, 2015, at 10:23 PM, Chiwan Park <chiwanpark@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> No. Currently, there are no Flink binaries with scala 2.11 which are downloadable.
>
> Regards,
> Chiwan Park
>
> On Jun 10, 2015, at 10:18 PM, Philipp Goetze <philipp.goetze@tu-ilmenau.de> wrote:
>
> Thank you Chiwan!
>
> I did not know the master has a 2.11 profile.
>
> But there is no pre-built Flink with 2.11, which I could refer to in sbt or maven, is
it?

> Best Regards,
> Philipp
>
> On 10.06.2015 15:03, Chiwan Park wrote:
> Hi. You can build Flink with Scala 2.11 with scala-2.11 profile in master branch.
> `mvn clean install -DskipTests -P \!scala-2.10,scala-2.11` command builds Flink with
Scala 2.11.

> Regards,
> Chiwan Park
>
> On Jun 10, 2015, at 9:56 PM, Flavio Pompermaier <pompermaier@okkam.it> wrote:
>
> Nice!
>
> On 10 Jun 2015 14:49, "Philipp Goetze" <philipp.goetze@tu-ilmenau.de> wrote:
> Hi community!
>
> We started a new project called Piglet (https://github.com/ksattler/piglet).
> For that we use i.a. Flink as a backend. The project is based on Scala 2.11. Thus we
need a 2.11 build of Flink.

> Until now we used the 2.11 branch of the stratosphere project and built Flink ourselves.
Unfortunately this branch is not up-to-date.