flink-user mailing list archives

From Maximilian Michels <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contact from site - Lou
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:29:21 GMT
Hi Lou,

Thanks for your interest in Apache Flink.

What exactly do you mean by "cluster/job manager"? Are you referring to a
cluster resource management environment like Hadoop YARN? Currently, Flink
has a standalone and a YARN execution mode. In the YARN case, cluster
resource allocation is handled by YARN. Flink instances are spawned on the
assigned resources. It should be possible to integrate a different resource
management into Flink although no effort has been dedicated so far to do
this in a systematic way.

By the way, Flink's component which is in charge of the scheduling and
monitoring Flink jobs is also called JobManager. Replacing this component
should be non-trivial because it is hardwired with Flink's execution logic.

Best,
Max