flink-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel <ele...@msn.com>
Subject Scaling a Flink cluster
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 07:27:07 GMT
Hello,
In my understanding, the flink-conf.yaml is the one config file to configure a cluster.The
slave file lists the slave nodes.they must both be on every node.
I'm trying to understand what is the best strategy to scale a Flink cluster since:- adding
a node means adding an entry to the slave list and replicating on every node.
Does the cluster need to be restarted to take the new nodes into account? It seems like it.Having
to replicate the file on all nodes is not super convenient. Restarting is even more trouble.Is
there a way to scale a live cluster? If so how?Any link to the info would be helpful.
Thanks