flink-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel <ele...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Socket output stream
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 06:37:06 GMT
Thanks...
This is what I come up with(note I only print every 100,000, or at least this is the intent
or i see quite a drop in performance)I hope that can help others too, although there is probably
room for improvement.Cheers.
package org.myorg.quickstart;

import org.apache.flink.configuration.Configuration;
import org.apache.flink.streaming.api.function.sink.RichSinkFunction;
import org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.util.SerializationSchema;
import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.PrintWriter;
import java.net.Socket;

public class SocketSink<IN> extends RichSinkFunction<IN> {

    private transient PrintWriter out;
    private String HOST;
    private Integer PORT;
    private transient Socket clientSocket;
    //private SerializationSchema<IN, byte[]> scheme;
    private static long count = 0;

    private static final Logger LOG = LoggerFactory.getLogger(SocketSink.class);

    //private static int count = 0;

    public SocketSink(String HOST, Integer PORT) { //, SerializationSchema<IN, byte[]>
schema
        this.HOST = HOST;
        this.PORT = PORT;

        //this.scheme = schema;
    }

    public void initializeConnection() {

        try {
            clientSocket = new Socket(HOST,PORT);
            this.count = 0;
            out = new PrintWriter(clientSocket.getOutputStream(), true);
        } catch (IOException e) {
            throw new RuntimeException(e);
        }
    }

    @Override
    public void invoke(IN o) {
        try {
            if (count % 100000 == 0) {
                out.println(o);
            }
            count += 1;
        } catch (Exception e) {
            System.out.println(e.getMessage());
        }
    }

    public void closeConnection() {
        try {
            System.out.println("closing connection");
            clientSocket.close();

        } catch (IOException e) {
            System.out.println(e.getMessage());
        }