flink-user mailing list archives

From Mihail Vieru <vi...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Subject RuntimeException Gelly API: Memory ran out. Compaction failed.
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 00:23:12 GMT
Hi,

I'm getting the following RuntimeException for an adaptation of the
SingleSourceShortestPaths example using the Gelly API (see attachment).
It's been adapted for unweighted graphs having vertices with Long values.

As an input graph I'm using the social network graph (~200MB unpacked)
from here: https://snap.stanford.edu/data/higgs-twitter.html

For the small SSSPDataUnweighted graph (also attached) it terminates and
computes the distances correctly.

03/16/2015 17:18:23    IterationHead(WorksetIteration (Vertex-centric
iteration
(org.apache.flink.graph.library.SingleSourceShortestPathsUnweighted$VertexDistanceUpdater@dca6fe4

org.apache.flink.graph.library.SingleSourceShortestPathsUnweighted$MinDistanceMessenger@6577e8ce)))(2/4)

switched to FAILED
java.lang.RuntimeException: Memory ran out. Compaction failed.
numPartitions: 32 minPartition: 5 maxPartition: 8 number of overflow
segments: 176 bucketSize: 217 Overall memory: 20316160 Partition memory:
7208960 Message: Index: 8, Size: 7
     at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.hash.CompactingHashTable.insert(CompactingHashTable.java:390)
     at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.hash.CompactingHashTable.buildTable(CompactingHashTable.java:337)
     at
org.apache.flink.runtime.iterative.task.IterationHeadPactTask.readInitialSolutionSet(IterationHeadPactTask.java:216)
     at
org.apache.flink.runtime.iterative.task.IterationHeadPactTask.run(IterationHeadPactTask.java:278)
     at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.RegularPactTask.invoke(RegularPactTask.java:362)
     at
org.apache.flink.runtime.execution.RuntimeEnvironment.run(RuntimeEnvironment.java:205)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Best,
Mihail