flink-user mailing list archives

From pietro <pietro.pin...@gmail.com>
Subject Most convenient data structure for unspecified length objects
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:57:16 GMT
I have to implement a program based on Flink that process some records.

The peculiarity of those records is that it is not possible to know at
compile time how many fields they contain. Therefore, I cannot use a simple
TupleN data type.

The solution I came up with, is to use a tuple with this structure:

/(mandatory_field2, ..., mandatory_fieldM, Array[Int], Array[Double],
Array[String] )/

where the three arrays store the optional fields.

It worked, but is it a good way to do that?
Can I do it better?

Many thanks,
regards.