flink-user mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Flink use all of the available memory?
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2015 13:29:01 GMT
Hi,

Flink uses only the memory which is configured to the JobManager and
TaskManager JVMs.
By default this is 256MB for the JM and 512MB for the TM (see [1] for
details).
The TM memory is split into equally large chunks for each configured slot
of the TM.

You should definitely configure the TM JVM memory for your setup! See
common options in [1] for other important configuration parameters such as
numberOfTaskSlots.

In Yarn setups the TM memory is automatically sized with respect to the
Yarn container size, if I remember correctly.

[1] http://flink.apache.org/docs/0.8/config.html