flink-user mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Runtime generated (source) datasets
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:41:52 GMT
The program is compiled when the ExecutionEnvironment.execute() method is
called. At that moment, theEexecutionEnvironment collects all data sources
that were previously created and traverses them towards connected data
sinks. All sinks that are found this way are remembered and treated as
execution targets. The sinks and all connected operators and data sources
are given to the optimizer which analyses the plan, compiles an execution
plan, and submits the plan to the execution system which the
ExecutionEnvironment refers to (local, remote, ...).

Therefore, your code can build arbitrary data flows with as many source as
you like. Once you call ExecutionEnvironment.execute() all data sources and
operators which are required to compute the result of all data sinks are
executed.

{