flink-user mailing list archives

From Mathias Peters <mathias.pet...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Timeout when starting JobManager within Eclipse for debugging purposes
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 07:38:04 GMT

Hi Till,

turned out I chose the wrong confDir-Path. The directory didn't
contain the flink-conf.yaml. ;)

AkkaUtils tried to create the ActorSystem anyway so I didn't realize
at first.
I suggest a warning in case the conf files cannot be found.

Thanks for the reply!

Regards
Mathias

> On 05.01.2015 16:59, Till Rohrmann wrote:
>> I forgot to mention that the parameters you used are perfectly
>> correct.
>
>> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Till Rohrmann
>> <trohrmann@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>> Hi Mathias,
>>>
>>> the timeout exception means that the actor system could not be
>>> started. Usually this is the case if the hostname is not
>>> specified or if the hostname cannot be looked up. The best way
>>> to see what is happening is to turn on logging by providing a
>>> log4j.properties file with DEBUG logging. Additionally you can
>>> turn on akka logging by inserting akka.loglevel: DEBUG into
>>> the config file. A stripped down log4j config file looks the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1
>>> log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
>>> log4j.appender.A1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout