flink-user mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HDFS append
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 21:03:03 GMT
Hi,

I think there is no support for appending to HDFS files in Flink yet.
HDFS supports it, but there are some adjustments in the system required
(not deleting / creating directories before writing; exposing the append()
methods in the FS abstractions).

I'm planning to work on the FS abstractions in the next week, if I have
enough time, I can also look into adding support for append().

Another approach could be adding support for recursively reading
directories with the input formats. Vasia asked for this feature a few days
ago on the mailing list. If we would have that feature, you could just
write to a directory and read the parent directory (with all the dirs for
the appends).

Best,
Robert