flink-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Flink and Spark
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2014 10:58:13 GMT
Thank you for your answer. I have a couple of follow up questions:
1. Does it support 'exactly once semantics' that Spark and Storm support?
2. (Related to 1) What happens when an error occurs during processing?
3. Is there a plan for adding Machine Learning support on top of Flink? Say
Alternative Least Squares, Basic Naive Bayes?
4. When you say Flink manages itself, does it mean I don't have to fiddle
with number of partitions (Spark), number of reduces / happers (Hadoop?) to
optimize performance? (In some cases this might be needed)
5. How far along is the Python API? I don't see the specs in the Website.