flink-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flink ProgramDriver
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 17:19:05 GMT
I am not sure exactly what you need there. In Flink you can write more than
one program in the same program ;-) You can define complex flows and
execute arbitrarily at intermediate points:

main() {
  ExecutionEnvironment env = ...;

  env.readSomething().map().join(...).and().so().on();
  env.execute();

  env.readTheNextThing().do()Something();
  env.execute();
}

You can also just "save" a program and keep it for later execution:

Plan plan = env.createProgramPlan();

at a later point you can start that plan: new RemoteExecutor(master,
6123).execute(plan);

Stephan