flink-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NPE stacktrace
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:44:53 GMT
Hi!

I can see one NullPointerException in the LOG with the following stack
trace

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:556)
at
org.okkam.flink.hbase.MyTableInputFormat.mapResultToRecord(MyTableInputFormat.java:90)
at
org.okkam.flink.hbase.MyTableInputFormat.getRecord(MyTableInputFormat.java:32)
at
org.okkam.flink.maintenance.deduplication.match.SingleMatchFilterFunctionWithFlagMatch.filter(SingleMatchFilterFunctionWithFlagMatch.java:135)
at
org.okkam.flink.maintenance.deduplication.match.SingleMatchFilterFunctionWithFlagMatch.filter(SingleMatchFilterFunctionWithFlagMatch.java:50)
at
org.apache.flink.api.java.operators.translation.PlanFilterOperator$FlatMapFilter.flatMap(PlanFilterOperator.java:47)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.chaining.ChainedFlatMapDriver.collect(ChainedFlatMapDriver.java:79)
at
org.apache.flink.api.java.operators.DistinctOperator$DistinctFunction.reduce(DistinctOperator.java:151)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.GroupReduceDriver.run(GroupReduceDriver.java:117)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.RegularPactTask.run(RegularPactTask.java:484)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.RegularPactTask.invoke(RegularPactTask.java:359)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.execution.RuntimeEnvironment.run(RuntimeEnvironment.java:246)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

There is another one where the stack trace is missing. I am not sure why.
Found this here while I searched:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2411487/nullpointerexception-in-java-with-no-stacktrace

Stephan

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Stefano Bortoli <s.bortoli@gmail.com>
wrote:

> nope.
>
> will do. Thanks! :-)
>
> saluti,
> Stefano

>> Hi!
>>
>> There is no stack trace beneath that line in the log?
>>
>> I'll check it out if you send me the log directly (sewen@apache.org).
>> The mailing list does not support attachments, unfortunately...
>>
>> Stephan
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Stefano Bortoli <s.bortoli@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Both, job and task manager do not present any stack trace:
>>>
>>> JOBMANAGER
>>> 07:13:15,231 INFO
>>> org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.EventCollector            - 11/25/2014
>>> 07:13:15: CHAIN Reduce
>>> (org.apache.flink.api.java.operators.DistinctOperator$DistinctFunction) ->
>>> Filter
>>> (org.okkam.flink.maintenance.deduplication.match.SingleMatchFilterFunctionWithFlagMatch)
>>> -> Map
>>> (org.okkam.flink.maintenance.deduplication.match.MapToTuple3MapFunction) ->
>>> Combine(org.apache.flink.api.java.operators.DistinctOperator$DistinctFunction)
>>> (18/24) switched to FAILED
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>

>>> TASKMANAGER (on the machine that failed)
>>> 07:13:15,124 ERROR