flink-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Bortoli <s.bort...@gmail.com>
Subject feature request: broadcast POJO objects as part of runtime context
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:36:10 GMT
Hi,

trying to run some legacy code as part of Flink Job, I had to replicate
configurations files across my cluster. Not a big deal with a small
cluster, but it would be nice to have these configuration objects
broadcast-able. Namely, it would be nice to reuse the old "read from conf
file" logic to build objects that then could be serialized and used along
the processing through the broadcast mechanism.

Do you think it will be possible? with the new Kryo serialization it should
not be extremely complicated.

saluti,
Stefano