flink-user mailing list archives

From Márton Balassi <balassi.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with deploying a flink topology in a remote execution environment
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 15:57:42 GMT
Hey Attila,

Thanks for trying out streaming!

As for your issues:

   * Your simple topology: make sure that your user defined functions (e.g.
ItemsKafkaSource)  and the classes containing them are serializable, so
that they can be shipped. For anything more specific if you can give send
over your code to me I am more than happy to have a look at it.
   * Streaming wordcount not working without provided dataset: Yes, thanks
for reporting it is my fault - which was known, but now I also have a JIRA
[1] for it. :) However if you give it some input it should work.
   * Can you run the Twitter example locally by the way?

Cheers,

Marton