flink-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Pompermaier <pomperma...@okkam.it>
Subject Re: ScannerTimeout over long running process
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 19:16:13 GMT
Thanks Stephan for the support! Unfortunately we are not able to understand
what lineage of operators cause this problem..
in our case we set the scan timeout to 15 minutes so I think we can exclude
garbage collection thus, probably, this is caused by the first option
(unfortunately HBase cannot block scans indefinitely..).

What can we do to debug this problem? can you give us more detail or links
to the internals of such situations? it is not very clear to me the
relation between buffers, actions and pauses between two consecutive
nextRecord() on the same split of the inputFormat..