flink-user mailing list archives

From Viktor Rosenfeld <viktor.rosenf...@tu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: Wrong and non consistent behavior of max
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 17:23:36 GMT
Hi,

I would drop min/max/sum. I've marked them deprecated in my pull request
because I did not change their current implementation based on the old
aggregate.

I think that it makes more sense to have convenience functions like
countByKey which Sebastian suggested that do encapsulate more complex
behavior than an aggregation on a single field.

I would also rename minBy/maxBy to selectMin/selectMax or something similar
(selectMinBy?, selectMinByField?) to make their behavior more explicit.

Best,
Viktor